Three Doors Down: a rock band that shows its talents. They made several albums, but their bests were The Better Life and Away From The Sun which respectively came out in February 2000 and 2002. Two similar albums but when we look at them, the differences appear. I have a preference for The Better Life even if I do like Away From the Sun. The comparison of sounds, music and popularity, of those albums show my opinion for them.
The sounds in an album are as important as the songs themselves. In The Better Life and Away from the Sun, the kinds of sounds are very different. The first album, The Better Life has sounds in the songs that are ‘’heavier’’ and ‘’stronger’’ than in Away from the Sun, which are smoother. But, it does not mean that a song is bad because it has less rhythm: the lyrics can be just as deep, even more than a ‘’hard song’’. Slow sounds in Away from the Sun gives us, in all of its songs, more time to think about them. Although, I find The Better Life a much more successful album for the sounds and basically because of the good rhythm of the sounds, they are not the only important things: the generality of the music is as well.
The entire music itself is important in albums. That is why Three Doors Down is the group I chose: I think their music may not be compared to others. In general, bands that make good music are popular. These albums, The Better life and Away from the Sun, are part of the same ‘’music category’’ despite the fact that they hide some musical differences. For example, like I said before, the rhythm and the sounds in the music are differences. Away from the Sun, in my opinion, has better music generality. Nothing makes it more popular though.
Popularity, is a fact in music that no one denies as important. When a band is popular, it’s much better for them. It is the same for their albums: an appreciated album will bring in more money AND popularity. The Better Life and Away from the Sun had almost as much popularity, but even if they were almost the same, The Better Life still earned more popularity and that is probably because of its songs. I think even if The Better Life was more popular, Away from the Sun was still very good.
in conclusion, The Better Life had better sounds; and more popularity, Away from the Sun had a better music. I will say just as many others that The Better Life was a better album.
Monday, 29 March 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment